My parents rented a cabin up near Federal Dam again this year, and since I haven't been up there in about 14 years I made it a point to get up there for the 1st weekend. The campground we camped at the first 18 years of my life is still there, some nostalgia is gone (cute little shops along the channel), but the park is still the exact same! It was too windy to get the boat out for fishing, so we went to the campground and dam. My kids had a blast playing on the old metal playground there, and I had a blast watching them. This was one of my favorite places in the world!
I remember hanging upside down and swinging on this bar!
Blake hoisted himself up and monkeyed around.
We set off on a little walk, but Miss O had other plans. Swinging herself. She didn't want to get off that swing. Such a Mini-Me, and so cool to see her enjoying it!
These still do exist!
There's a 400 year old White Pine in the campground....I don't remember this tree from all my years up here, but it's so twisty that it caught my eye. The sign near it says these can live to be 1,000 years old, but with this one leaning back I don't think it will make it that long.
Another younger twisty pine.
Why Don't We Just Dance....
Had to make up our own fun
Finally Sunday morning was calm, my dad woke Blake and I up at 6:30am to get out fishing! We didn't have much luck, but it was nice to watch the sun rise over the lake and we finally caught a couple small Perch. We'll be back to try again!
The view from Federal Dam....channel takes you out to the lake.
No comments:
Post a Comment